Hi Everyone! My name is Josh Williams, and I am the new school counselor at Nebo Elementary School! I have been a school counselor for 13 years and I am very excited about working here! Our counseling program works to help students build socio-emotional strengths such as...
- active listening
- understanding how thoughts affect feelings and actions
- recognizing strong emotions
- developing kindness for others and self (empathy and compassion)
- resolving conflict peacefully
- goal setting and growth mindset
As part of a comprehensive program, I will be working with your child through one or more of the following ways...
- individual and small group counseling
- classroom guidance
- student leadership opportunities (i.e. Ambassadors for Peace, Safety Patrol)