Our mission is to provide a safe and caring place where all students acquire the skills necessary to become responsible and productive citizens in a global society.
Our vision is to work together with students, parents and community stakeholders to provide a positive educational environment where students learn, collaborate, problem solve together and serve others as they grow into productive, global citizens.
- We believe that student learning is the chief priority for the school and that all students can learn.
- We believe that students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches to support their learning.
- We believe students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- We believe students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts.
- We believe students' learning needs should be the primary focus of all decisions impacting the work of the school.
- We believe a safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning. In addition, we believe each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional and intellectual needs.
- We believe a student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- We believe schools need to function as learning organizations and promote opportunities for all those who have a stake in the success of the school to work together as a community of learners.
- We believe the commitment to continuous improvement is imperative if our school is going to enable students to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.